Publication Ethics and Malpractices Guidelines of Aceh International Journal ofSciences and Technology (AIJST)
Aceh International Journal of Sciences and Technology (AIJST) is a peer-reviewed journal to publish articles in the field of sciences and engineerings. AIJST committed to the ethical standards set for all entities involved in the publication of article.
Responsibilities AIJST Editor-in-Chief, Managing Editor and Editor-in-Chief Editor
The AIJST has an editorial team consisting of an editor-in-chief, a managing editor and board of editors. They all are required to be accountable and responsible editors for publishing the AIJST article. The AIJST editors led by the editor-in-chief. The AIJST editors have a duty and responsible as follows:
- Editor-in-Chief and Managing Editor accept articles submitted by the author to the AIJST.
- Articles submitted by the authors to the AIJST are distributed by the Editor-in-Chief, or Managing Editor to the editors in the Board of Editors for conducting the 1st review process (initial review). Distribution of the articles are well-regulated by the Editor-in-Chief, or Managing Editor so workload can be fairly distributed in number to all editors. Review process AIJST using a double-blind peer-review system, performed by using the Referee's Appraisal Form.
- In reviewing an article, the 1st review process is done by the editor (at point 2) as the first reviewer. Then, the editor sent the article to at least two external independent reviewers for the 2nd review process. The results of the review process are sent to Editor-in-Chief, or Managing Editor. Editor-in-Chief, or Managing Editor makes the decision and send it to the author with the article status being with accepted, accepted with changes or rejected.
- If changes is required as the outcome of review process on the article, the second round of review process (point 2 to 3) is taken into account.
- Editor-in-Chief is responsible for determining the deadline for receipt of articles that are ready for publication.
- Editor-in-Chief is responsible for implementing and leading the editorial board meeting. Editorial board meetings conducted at least 1 (one) times in 1 (one) issue, to finalize the issue for publication. If the Editor-in-Chief is absent, then Editor-in-Chief can assign the Managing Editor or one of editors to do the duties.
A decision to publish an article is done through the mechanism of peer-review processs stated above, and it is taken into account based on the quality of article. The decision was taken without considering the religion, ethnic origin, nationality, race or gender of the author.
Confidentiality of the article before publication maintained as well as possible. The AIJST editors cannot release any information available on the article to anyone except the author of the article. Information in a text can be released to others AIJST editor with the knowledge of the Editor-in-Chief, or Managing Editor.
Disclosure and conflict of interest:
Articles and the materials related to the article that are not accepted for publication in AIJST must be returned to the authors, and it cannot be used by the AIJST editors for any reason. To avoid conflicts of interest, the decision was taken in publishing the articles should be fair and based on the peer-review process.
Responsibilities of Reviewers
Contribution to Editorial Decisions:
Evaluation Reviewers become the main reference for the Editor-in-Chief in making editorial decisions. Evaluation results from the reviewers are really intended to help the author to improve the quality of the article.
If there is an improper designation reviewer, for example, the designated reviewer is not competent in the field of expertise of the article being in peer-review process, one of the AIJST editors can report it to the Editor-in-Chief or the Managing Editor. Then, the Editor-in-Chief, or the Managing Editor determines another reviewer with a consideration of some of the editors with the expertise of the article.
Each article is accepted by the reviewer must be strictly confidential. Article and peer-reviewed results should not be submitted directly to the author, or communicated to other than the author, but it must be submitted to the editor in charge, Editor-in-Chief or the Managing Editor.
Responsibilities of Authors
Authors should clearly present the objective and significance of research in the article. Author should follow the AIJST guidelines in preparing the article to submit.
Authors should prepare original research results which has not being published by other authors in any publication. To ensure it, the authors need to check the originality of article using plagiarism checker before submission . The article will be rejected if there is plagiarism on the article. Any information from references used in the article should be honestly and accurately cited in the article. The article will be checked for the similarity using a similarity checker by the editor.
The authors should submit their article to the AIJST only. When it is not accepted to publish in the AIJST as the result of peer-review and officially reported by Editor-in-Chief or the Managing Editor, the authors can submit it to other journal. The article will be rejected if there is plagiarism and multiple submissions on the article.
Errors in Publication:
The authors will recieve their article to conduct final checkig of any error in the article before publication. The authors should report any error in the article to the Editor-in-Chief, or Managing Editor in a period of time given, and the errors should be clearly listed and addressed in a separated sheet together with the evidence of revision.
Responsibilities of Publisher
The Graduate School of Syiah Kuala University as the publisher of Aceh International Journal of Science and Technology (AIJST), encourages the editors and all bodies involved in publication processes to follow the ethics and code of conducts of every parties. The publisher defines the relationship between publisher, editor and other party in a contract, respect privacy, protects intellectual property and copyright, and fosters editorial independence.
Publisher works with journal editors to set journal policies appropriately and aim to meet those policies, particularly with respect to: editorial independence, research ethics, including confidentiality, consent, and the special requirements for human and animal research, authorship, transparency and integrity.
Publisher works with journal editors to converse journal policies in general and review journal policies periodically, responsible for the investigation of suspected research and publication misconduct and, where possible, facilitate in the resolution of these cases, make and publish corrections, clarifications, and retractions, and publish content on a timely basis.
The AIJST and its editors endorse the compliance of authors to the principles of the Declaration of Helsinki of the World Medical Association, which relate to the conduct of ethical research on human beings, and the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals of the Institute for Laboratory Animal Research of the National Research Council, which relate to the conduct of ethical research on laboratory and other animals.
The AIJST will band or blacklist the author(s) who identified and submitted the plagiarism paper.